Full Time Graduate Researcher, part time hacker and FOSS enthusiast.
I work with Mozilla Research Mixed Reality team to make WebXR run faster.
I used to write code for Watson and do a bunch of other things at their lab (mostly deals with algorithm,NLP, Ontologies,reading papers, procrastinating and lamenting about how little I know, among other stuff).
Also a PhD student at Rice University
A rolling profile
I am also a Mozilla Pilot Tech Evangelist (but that's a different story).
Teams I work with:
- Security (MIG)
- Fennec (Chota fennec)
- MozVR (A-Frame)
- Connected Devices
My present interest deviates towards security. Primarily static analysis and marginally towards systems.
Last few conference talks (in no particular order)
- Open Source Bridge
- Kansas City Developer Conference 2017
- LinuxCon (Linux foundation)
- ACM SIGGRAPH Web3D
- LibrePlanet 2017
- Silicon Valley Virtual Reality
- Open Networking Summit 2017
- DeveloperWeek 2017
- Linix Foundation OpenIoT Summit 2017
- [Securi-Tay 2017]
- GraphicalWeb 2016
- ViewSource Berlin (Game Demo and VR Booth)
- MozTechSpekaer Berlin Meetup (Speaker)
- BrazilJS (VR)
- OpenSource Bridge 2016
- Turning Sensors into Signals: Humanizing IoT with Old Smartphones and the Web - OpenIoT Summit, Linux foundation
- Building Your World in WebVR - OpenIoT Summit, Linux Foundation
- MozLondon : Connected Devices Team
- Singapore Leadership Summit: Connected Devices Team and Mozilla TechSpeaker
- JSFoo 2015
- OpenSource HongKong
- Open Source Bridge 2015
- WebVR and Aframe at Linux Foundation
- Bringing Mozilla to the IoT era
- Slashdot Coverage for MozVR at OSCON 2015
- ESA Innovation Fellow 2014
Visit me at www.rabimba.com
Groupsapps, automation, firefox, firefoxos, mozdev, sf-monument, sumo, mozspeakers, security, army of awesome, nda, techspeakers
LanguagesBengali, English, Hindi
Rabimba is a trained Mozilla Tech speaker and VR expert. He also has contributed to MDN.
Rabimba was one of the first people to get involved with translation quality testing for Firefox OS 2.1. I look forward to seeing more of his involvement within l10n after his great work here.
Rabimba has developed a number of apps for FirefoxOS, and other Firefox platforms, including [math-racer] (https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/math-racer), [memory-blocks] (https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/memory-blocks), and [vtranslator] (https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/vtranslator)
Rabimba is a Jack of all trade as a Mozillian: he reported, and helped fix some bug by using Bugzilla (one example), created many Firefox OS applications, and contribute to help update some documentation on MDN. He is helping where he see a need no matter where, and it's amazing like this! Thanks for your help with the Open Web!
Rabimba actively contributes on MDN as well as developing quite a few apps and contributing to bugs in the Marketplace and app-related APIs.
Rabimba is an active codebase and marketplace contributor.His contributions range from articles in MDN to Building apps for marketplace and getting featured !! Here are the glimpse of his awesomeness : Marketplace Contributions[https://marketplace.firefox.com/search?q=rabimba] One of the Featured App [https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/vtranslator] Bug Hunter [https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1017379] MDN [https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/profile/rabimba] Awesome,Keep up